English verb leap [li:p].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb leap: Infinitive (leap), Past Simple - (leapt), Past Participle - (leapt).
Forms of verb leap in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb leap in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of leap.
Three forms of verb leap
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of leap?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) leap in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - leap. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - leapt. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - leapt. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of leap?
The past tense of leap is: leap in past simple is leapt. and past participle is leapt.
What is the past tense of leap?
The past tense of leap is leapt.
The past participle of leap is leapt.
Past simple — leap in past simple leapt.
Future simple — leap in future simple leap. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — leap in present perfect tense leapt. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — leap in past perfect tense leapt. (had + V3)
leap regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is leap an irregular verb?? leap is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb leap in Sentences
- We'd have leaped out from the car (Past Simple)
- She leapt into the vessel with her daughter (Past Simple)
- Leo, my heart leaps to see you again (Present Simple)
- Every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward (Present Simple)
- Life moves in leaps, not steps (Present Simple)
- Immediately, my comrade leapt forward and struck him (Past Simple)
- There have been leaps of faith, but it's in the past (Past Simple)
- The minute your back is turned the dog leaps at your throat! (Present Simple)
- You will take 3 leaps: Love, marriage, kids (Future Simple)
- He tied an anchor to his feet and leapt into the sea (Past Simple)