English verb let off [let ɒf].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb let off: Infinitive (let off), Past Simple - (let off), Past Participle - (let off).
Forms of verb let off in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb let off in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of let off.
Three forms of verb let off
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|let off [let ɒf]||
let off [let ɒf]
let off [let ɒf]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of let off?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) let off in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - let off. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - let off. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - let off. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of let off?
The past tense of let off is: let off in past simple is let off. and past participle is let off.
What is the past tense of let off?
The past tense of let off is let off.
The past participle of let off is let off.
Past simple — let off in past simple let off.
Future simple — let off in future simple let off. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — let off in present perfect tense let off. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — let off in past perfect tense let off. (had + V3)
let off regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is let off an irregular verb?? let off is .
Examples of Verb let off in Sentences
- I'll be back to the station after I let off the rest of the passengers at the next stop (Future Simple)
- He was let off after security camera footage showed it was someone else (Past Simple)
- My wife let me off so I could go on the big fishing trip with my buddies (Past Simple)
- I called the repair guy because the furnace suddenly stopped letting off heat last night (Past Continuous)
- We dove for cover when we heard someone suddenly started letting off shots (Past Continuous)
- Please move and let me get off the bus (Present Simple)
- The judge didn't let me off easy (Past Simple)
- The engine let some evil smelling smoke off (Past Simple)