The English verb 'line' is pronounced as [laɪn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb line: Infinitive (line), Past Simple - (lined), Past Participle - (lined).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb line
👉 Forms of verb line in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of line.
Line: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb line?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'line'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'line'
- the first form (V1) is 'line' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'lined' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'lined' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of line?
The past tense and past participle of line are: line in past simple is lined, and past participle is lined.
What is the past tense of line?
The past tense of the verb "line" is "lined", and the past participle is "lined".
Past simple — line in past simple lined
Future simple — line in future simple is line (will + V1).
Present Perfect — line in present perfect tense is lined (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — line in past perfect tense is lined (had + V3).
line regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'line' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'line' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb line in Sentences
- The shelf is lined with candle (Present Simple)
- Men were lined up against the wall (Past Simple)
- She lined the figures up along the beach (Past Simple)
- Have you lined a closet with paper? (Present Perfect)
- I want to line my stomach and go home (Present Simple)
- They lined up troops and started (Past Simple)
- Line the page and be ready to fill in a table (Present Simple)
- Will she line my jacket? (Future Simple)
- Hundreds of students lined the streets (Past Simple)
- Big mirrors lined each wall of the living room (Past Simple)