The English verb 'look' is pronounced as [lʊk].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb look: Infinitive (look), Past Simple - (looked), Past Participle - (looked).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb look
👉 Forms of verb look in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of look.
Look: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb look?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'look'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'look'
- the first form (V1) is 'look' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'looked' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'looked' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of look?
The past tense and past participle of look are: look in past simple is looked, and past participle is looked.
What is the past tense of look?
The past tense of the verb "look" is "looked", and the past participle is "looked".
Past simple — look in past simple looked
Future simple — look in future simple is look (will + V1).
Present Perfect — look in present perfect tense is looked (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — look in past perfect tense is looked (had + V3).
look regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'look' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'look' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb look in Sentences
- She doesn't want to look out of place (Present Simple)
- Paul looked his devotion to me (Past Simple)
- We must have looked like an easy target (Past Simple)
- Look around, we are alone here (Present Simple)
- Just look how handsome he is (Present Simple)
- I will look for your key, I promise (Future Simple)
- Well, we've been looking for your dog for a week now (Present Perfect Continuous)
- Oh, darling, you will look gorgeous in this dress (Present Simple)
- I'm sorry, sir, I'm looking for John Smith, do you know him? (Present Simple)
- It looks like you're hiding something (Present Simple)