English verb lower [ˈloʊər].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb lower: Infinitive (lower), Past Simple - (lowered), Past Participle - (lowered).
Forms of verb lower in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb lower in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of lower.
Three forms of verb lower
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of lower?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) lower in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - lower. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - lowered. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - lowered. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of lower?
The past tense of lower is: lower in past simple is lowered. and past participle is lowered.
What is the past tense of lower?
The past tense of lower is lowered.
The past participle of lower is lowered.
Past simple — lower in past simple lowered.
Future simple — lower in future simple lower. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — lower in present perfect tense lowered. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — lower in past perfect tense lowered. (had + V3)
lower regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is lower an irregular verb?? lower is regular verb.
Examples of Verb lower in Sentences
- The Bank cannot lower its own standards (Present Simple)
- New cabinet members dramatically lowered inflation in the country (Past Simple)
- He lowered the bucket into the well, but did not hear the splash. (Past Simple)
- She has lowered wearily into a leather chair. (Present Perfect)
- The state has lowered the value added tax. (Present Perfect)
- Mom lowered her voice so that her daughter would not hear her. (Past Simple)
- Natalie blushed and lowered her eyes in embarrassment. (Past Simple)
- This device has significantly lowered the number of car accidents. (Present Perfect)
- Can you lower your tone, please? (Present Simple)
- The flags were lowered to half-mast. (Past Simple)