The English verb 'make for' is pronounced as [meɪk fɔː].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb make for: Infinitive (make for), Past Simple - (made for), Past Participle - (made for).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb make for
👉 Forms of verb make for in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of make for.
Make for: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|make for [meɪk fɔː]||
made for [meɪd fɔː]
made for [meɪd fɔː]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb make for?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'make for'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'make for'
- the first form (V1) is 'make for' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'made for' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'made for' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of make for?
The past tense and past participle of make for are: make for in past simple is made for, and past participle is made for.
What is the past tense of make for?
The past tense of the verb "make for" is "made for", and the past participle is "made for".
Past simple — make for in past simple made for
Future simple — make for in future simple is make for (will + V1).
Present Perfect — make for in present perfect tense is made for (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — make for in past perfect tense is made for (had + V3).
make for regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'make for' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'make for' is .
Examples of Verb make for in Sentences
- I'm just not made for the heat (Present Simple)
- I presume it was made for the kiddies (Past Simple)
- Madam, I'd be more than happy to make one for you personally (Present Simple)
- We was made for each other (Past Simple)
- We were made for each other, but I fear this is where it must end (Past Simple)
- A project made for you. And I will do it. I'll put my own blood into it (Past Simple)
- Because, after all... it's the only music made for the people in there (Past Simple)
- Tell him that we two are made for each other (Past Simple)