English verb misgive [ˌmɪsˈɡɪv].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb misgive: Infinitive (misgive), Past Simple - (misgave), Past Participle - (misgiven).
Forms of verb misgive in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb misgive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of misgive.
Three forms of verb misgive
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of misgive?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) misgive in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - misgive. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - misgave. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - misgiven. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of misgive?
The past tense of misgive is: misgive in past simple is misgave. and past participle is misgiven.
What is the past tense of misgive?
The past tense of misgive is misgave.
The past participle of misgive is misgiven.
Past simple — misgive in past simple misgave.
Future simple — misgive in future simple misgive. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — misgive in present perfect tense misgiven. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — misgive in past perfect tense misgiven. (had + V3)
misgive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is misgive an irregular verb?? misgive is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb misgive in Sentences
- I'm misgiven by his actions (Present Simple)
- Don't be misgiven! You'll do everything on time (Present Simple)
- I'm misgiven about him (Present Simple)
- Alex has been misgiven by Jane's words (Present Perfect)
- He has been misgiven in carrying out expertise (Present Perfect)
- The will misgive you if you come tomorrow (Future Simple)
- I misgave trying to make things better (Past Simple)
- He is still our legend despite he has misgiven (Past Simple)
- Today's weather misgives the pilots (Present Simple)
- Dad, he misgave me! (Past Simple)