The English verb 'misgive' is pronounced as [ˌmɪsˈɡɪv].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb misgive: Infinitive (misgive), Past Simple - (misgave), Past Participle - (misgiven).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb misgive
👉 Forms of verb misgive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of misgive.
Misgive: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb misgive?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'misgive'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'misgive'
- the first form (V1) is 'misgive' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'misgave' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'misgiven' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of misgive?
The past tense and past participle of misgive are: misgive in past simple is misgave, and past participle is misgiven.
What is the past tense of misgive?
The past tense of the verb "misgive" is "misgave", and the past participle is "misgiven".
Past simple — misgive in past simple misgave
Future simple — misgive in future simple is misgive (will + V1).
Present Perfect — misgive in present perfect tense is misgiven (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — misgive in past perfect tense is misgiven (had + V3).
misgive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'misgive' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'misgive' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb misgive in Sentences
- I'm misgiven by his actions (Present Simple)
- Don't be misgiven! You'll do everything on time (Present Simple)
- I'm misgiven about him (Present Simple)
- Alex has been misgiven by Jane's words (Present Perfect)
- He has been misgiven in carrying out expertise (Present Perfect)
- The will misgive you if you come tomorrow (Future Simple)
- I misgave trying to make things better (Past Simple)
- He is still our legend despite he has misgiven (Past Simple)
- Today's weather misgives the pilots (Present Simple)
- Dad, he misgave me! (Past Simple)