English verb mislay [ˌmɪsˈleɪ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb mislay: Infinitive (mislay), Past Simple - (mislaid), Past Participle - (mislaid).
Forms of verb mislay in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb mislay in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of mislay.
Three forms of verb mislay
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of mislay?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) mislay in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - mislay. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - mislaid. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - mislaid. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of mislay?
The past tense of mislay is: mislay in past simple is mislaid. and past participle is mislaid.
What is the past tense of mislay?
The past tense of mislay is mislaid.
The past participle of mislay is mislaid.
Past simple — mislay in past simple mislaid.
Future simple — mislay in future simple mislay. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — mislay in present perfect tense mislaid. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — mislay in past perfect tense mislaid. (had + V3)
mislay regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is mislay an irregular verb?? mislay is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb mislay in Sentences
- Well, as you remember, at first the draft was not approved. Or simply mislaid among the paperwork. (Past Simple)
- - I... I... must have mislaid a page somewhere. So what happened? (Present Perfect)
- - Or they get used to it," I answered. - After all, they haven't been here for five thousand years. They could have mislaid the old manuscripts. (Present Simple)
- - Well, okay, not thrown out... Just mislaid in a pile of unnecessary newspapers... Do you like that one? (Past Simple)
- As luck would have it, the Cossack mislaid my horse's bridle, and I got out later than everyone else. (Past Simple)
- Pasha's mother grumbled that he had completely mislaid sports and was making mistakes in his essays. (Past Simple)
- I can't imagine why he mislaid the gatehouse afterwards. (Past Simple)
- We wrote an even more complete, as it seemed to me, sensible program, began to work on it, a month later it became obsolete, and I mislaid the case, because I came to understand - it is useless to write a program. (Past Simple)
- Pixar long ago mislaid the mission of developing a graphics computer, and it wasn't clear to anyone I talked to what Pixar was working on today. (Past Simple)
- Few people have found their gift yet - it turns out that only some people have it all at once, the rest have to do everything and look for it, so everyone in the neighborhood has mislaid their work and got carried away looking for it. (Present Perfect)