The English verb 'mislay' is pronounced as [ˌmɪsˈleɪ].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb mislay: Infinitive (mislay), Past Simple - (mislaid), Past Participle - (mislaid).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb mislay
👉 Forms of verb mislay in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of mislay.
Mislay: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb mislay?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'mislay'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'mislay'
- the first form (V1) is 'mislay' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'mislaid' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'mislaid' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of mislay?
The past tense and past participle of mislay are: mislay in past simple is mislaid, and past participle is mislaid.
What is the past tense of mislay?
The past tense of the verb "mislay" is "mislaid", and the past participle is "mislaid".
Past simple — mislay in past simple mislaid
Future simple — mislay in future simple is mislay (will + V1).
Present Perfect — mislay in present perfect tense is mislaid (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — mislay in past perfect tense is mislaid (had + V3).
mislay regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'mislay' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'mislay' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb mislay in Sentences
- Well, as you remember, at first the draft was not approved. Or simply mislaid among the paperwork. (Past Simple)
- - I... I... must have mislaid a page somewhere. So what happened? (Present Perfect)
- - Or they get used to it," I answered. - After all, they haven't been here for five thousand years. They could have mislaid the old manuscripts. (Present Simple)
- - Well, okay, not thrown out... Just mislaid in a pile of unnecessary newspapers... Do you like that one? (Past Simple)
- As luck would have it, the Cossack mislaid my horse's bridle, and I got out later than everyone else. (Past Simple)
- Pasha's mother grumbled that he had completely mislaid sports and was making mistakes in his essays. (Past Simple)
- I can't imagine why he mislaid the gatehouse afterwards. (Past Simple)
- We wrote an even more complete, as it seemed to me, sensible program, began to work on it, a month later it became obsolete, and I mislaid the case, because I came to understand - it is useless to write a program. (Past Simple)
- Pixar long ago mislaid the mission of developing a graphics computer, and it wasn't clear to anyone I talked to what Pixar was working on today. (Past Simple)
- Few people have found their gift yet - it turns out that only some people have it all at once, the rest have to do everything and look for it, so everyone in the neighborhood has mislaid their work and got carried away looking for it. (Present Perfect)