The English verb 'multiply' is pronounced as [ˈmʌltɪplaɪ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb multiply: Infinitive (multiply), Past Simple - (multiplied), Past Participle - (multiplied).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb multiply
👉 Forms of verb multiply in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of multiply.
Multiply: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb multiply?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'multiply'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'multiply'
- the first form (V1) is 'multiply' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'multiplied' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'multiplied' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of multiply?
The past tense and past participle of multiply are: multiply in past simple is multiplied, and past participle is multiplied.
What is the past tense of multiply?
The past tense of the verb "multiply" is "multiplied", and the past participle is "multiplied".
Past simple — multiply in past simple multiplied
Future simple — multiply in future simple is multiply (will + V1).
Present Perfect — multiply in present perfect tense is multiplied (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — multiply in past perfect tense is multiplied (had + V3).
multiply regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'multiply' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'multiply' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb multiply in Sentences
- Your investment will multiply in 5 years. (Future Simple)
- Her money had multiplied sixfold (Past Perfect)
- You need to multiply three and six (Present Simple)
- Multiply three numbers and give me the answer (Present Simple)
- She multiplies these numbers incorrectly (Present Simple)
- Your fortune will multiply very soon (Future Simple)
- Поступки преумножаются в результаты (Present Simple)
- He can't multiply numbers (Present Simple)
- I will multiply them and name the result (Future Simple)
- Positive thoughts multiply your happiness (Present Simple)