English verb name [neɪm].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb name: Infinitive (name), Past Simple - (named), Past Participle - (named).
Forms of verb name in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb name in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of name.
Three forms of verb name
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of name?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) name in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - name. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - named. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - named. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of name?
The past tense of name is: name in past simple is named. and past participle is named.
What is the past tense of name?
The past tense of name is named.
The past participle of name is named.
Past simple — name in past simple named.
Future simple — name in future simple name. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — name in present perfect tense named. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — name in past perfect tense named. (had + V3)
name regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is name an irregular verb?? name is regular verb.
Examples of Verb name in Sentences
- They named daughter Olivia in honor of the actress (Past Simple)
- He names all his children on his own (Present Simple)
- She named this place the kingdom of grapes (Past Simple)
- I named my hamster Adele (Past Simple)
- The first his task was to name ten rare tropical fruits (Past Simple)
- I'm naming you a head chef at this restaurant (Present Continuous)
- Can you name that woman for us? (Present Simple)
- You have named the time and you are late (Present Perfect)
- Ok, name your price (Present Simple)
- I will be named as a new candidate (Future Simple)