English verb obey [əˈbeɪ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb obey: Infinitive (obey), Past Simple - (obeyed), Past Participle - (obeyed).
Forms of verb obey in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb obey in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of obey.
Three forms of verb obey
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of obey?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) obey in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - obey. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - obeyed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - obeyed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of obey?
The past tense of obey is: obey in past simple is obeyed. and past participle is obeyed.
What is the past tense of obey?
The past tense of obey is obeyed.
The past participle of obey is obeyed.
Past simple — obey in past simple obeyed.
Future simple — obey in future simple obey. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — obey in present perfect tense obeyed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — obey in past perfect tense obeyed. (had + V3)
obey regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is obey an irregular verb?? obey is regular verb.
Examples of Verb obey in Sentences
- She obeyed, but she didn't love him (Past Simple)
- They've never obeyed to the authority (Present Perfect)
- Do you think children should obey the rules? (Present Simple)
- She doesn't always obey to her parents. (Present Simple)
- You must obey. (Present Simple)
- I obey your request, but would like to know your goals. (Present Simple)
- They just obeyed orders from above. (Past Simple)
- From now on, I obey, and you command. (Present Simple)
- The boy did not even think to obey. (Past Simple)
- Soldiers are expected to obey orders, no questions asked. (Present Simple)