The English verb 'overdo' is pronounced as [ˌəʊvəˈduː].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb overdo: Infinitive (overdo), Past Simple - (overdid), Past Participle - (overdone).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb overdo
👉 Forms of verb overdo in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of overdo.
Overdo: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb overdo?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'overdo'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'overdo'
- the first form (V1) is 'overdo' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'overdid' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'overdone' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of overdo?
The past tense and past participle of overdo are: overdo in past simple is overdid, and past participle is overdone.
What is the past tense of overdo?
The past tense of the verb "overdo" is "overdid", and the past participle is "overdone".
Past simple — overdo in past simple overdid
Future simple — overdo in future simple is overdo (will + V1).
Present Perfect — overdo in present perfect tense is overdone (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — overdo in past perfect tense is overdone (had + V3).
overdo regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'overdo' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'overdo' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb overdo in Sentences
- I think he overdid it. (Past Simple)
- This runs the danger of overdoing it. (Present Simple)
- You mustn't overdo it. (Present Simple)
- She wouldn't overdo it. (Future Simple)
- Overdoing here is an option. (Present Continuous)
- Hey. buddy, you overdid this. (Past Simple)
- She overdone it. (Past Simple)
- Looks like John got on a housecleaning kick and he overdid it. (Past Simple)
- You ovedid unconsciously. (Past Simple)
- They overdone this job. (Past Simple)