English verb owe [oʊ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb owe: Infinitive (owe), Past Simple - (owed), Past Participle - (owed).
Forms of verb owe in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb owe in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of owe.
Three forms of verb owe
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of owe?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) owe in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - owe. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - owed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - owed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of owe?
The past tense of owe is: owe in past simple is owed. and past participle is owed.
What is the past tense of owe?
The past tense of owe is owed.
The past participle of owe is owed.
Past simple — owe in past simple owed.
Future simple — owe in future simple owe. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — owe in present perfect tense owed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — owe in past perfect tense owed. (had + V3)
owe regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is owe an irregular verb?? owe is regular verb.
Examples of Verb owe in Sentences
- The company owed him $760 000 (Past Simple)
- They decided we owed them a few dividends (Past Simple)
- He owed his fortune to his father. (Past Simple)
- I owed him a favour, so I could not refuse. (Past Simple)
- I owe him 10 dollars and he owes me the same. (Present Simple)
- He asked for help from a colleague who owed him. (Past Simple)
- I was terribly scared when I realized how much money I owe. (Past Simple)
- The father's property had to be sold as he owed a lot of money. (Past Simple)
- Two people were expelled from the club for not paying the amount they owed. (Past Simple)
- They tried to return the money he owed them. (Past Simple)