The English verb 'owe' is pronounced as [oʊ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb owe: Infinitive (owe), Past Simple - (owed), Past Participle - (owed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb owe
👉 Forms of verb owe in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of owe.
Owe: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb owe?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'owe'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'owe'
- the first form (V1) is 'owe' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'owed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'owed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of owe?
The past tense and past participle of owe are: owe in past simple is owed, and past participle is owed.
What is the past tense of owe?
The past tense of the verb "owe" is "owed", and the past participle is "owed".
Past simple — owe in past simple owed
Future simple — owe in future simple is owe (will + V1).
Present Perfect — owe in present perfect tense is owed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — owe in past perfect tense is owed (had + V3).
owe regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'owe' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'owe' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb owe in Sentences
- The company owed him $760 000 (Past Simple)
- They decided we owed them a few dividends (Past Simple)
- He owed his fortune to his father. (Past Simple)
- I owed him a favour, so I could not refuse. (Past Simple)
- I owe him 10 dollars and he owes me the same. (Present Simple)
- He asked for help from a colleague who owed him. (Past Simple)
- I was terribly scared when I realized how much money I owe. (Past Simple)
- The father's property had to be sold as he owed a lot of money. (Past Simple)
- Two people were expelled from the club for not paying the amount they owed. (Past Simple)
- They tried to return the money he owed them. (Past Simple)