The English verb 'pay off' is pronounced as [peɪ ɒf].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb pay off: Infinitive (pay off), Past Simple - (paid off), Past Participle - (paid off).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb pay off
👉 Forms of verb pay off in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of pay off.
Pay off: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|pay off [peɪ ɒf]||
paid off [peɪd ɒf]
paid off [peɪd ɒf]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb pay off?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'pay off'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'pay off'
- the first form (V1) is 'pay off' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'paid off' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'paid off' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of pay off?
The past tense and past participle of pay off are: pay off in past simple is paid off, and past participle is paid off.
What is the past tense of pay off?
The past tense of the verb "pay off" is "paid off", and the past participle is "paid off".
Past simple — pay off in past simple paid off
Future simple — pay off in future simple is pay off (will + V1).
Present Perfect — pay off in present perfect tense is paid off (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — pay off in past perfect tense is paid off (had + V3).
pay off regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'pay off' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'pay off' is .
Examples of Verb pay off in Sentences
- Your patience has paid off (Present Perfect)
- So I worked all summer to pay off those debts (Past Simple)
- This should finish paying off what I owe you (Present Continuous)
- You promised you'd pay off the mortgage by the end of the year and transfer the house into my name (Past Simple)
- I just needed some money to pay off some stuff (Past Simple)
- She intended to use her insurance to pay off her debts (Past Simple)
- You paid off that lab tech to say you were clean? (Past Simple)
- Maybe Keller paid off your people (Past Simple)