English verb place [pleɪs].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb place: Infinitive (place), Past Simple - (placed), Past Participle - (placed).
Forms of verb place in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb place in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of place.
Three forms of verb place
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of place?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) place in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - place. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - placed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - placed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of place?
The past tense of place is: place in past simple is placed. and past participle is placed.
What is the past tense of place?
The past tense of place is placed.
The past participle of place is placed.
Past simple — place in past simple placed.
Future simple — place in future simple place. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — place in present perfect tense placed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — place in past perfect tense placed. (had + V3)
place regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is place an irregular verb?? place is regular verb.
Examples of Verb place in Sentences
- Place the hammer on the shelf (Present Simple)
- Emphasis will be placed on family counselling services (Future Simple)
- The governor has placed climate change at the heart of his action (Present Perfect)
- I placed her age at 23 only. (Past Simple)
- Your actions have placed us all at risk. (Present Perfect)
- What a stupid position I'm now placed in! (Present Simple)
- In this song, he has a really well placed voice. (Present Simple)
- The notice was placed over the door so I didn't notice it. (Past Simple)
- Who will be placed in charge during the director's absence? (Future Simple)
- No confidence could be placed in any of their friends. (Past Simple)