English verb pollute [pəˈluːt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb pollute: Infinitive (pollute), Past Simple - (polluted), Past Participle - (polluted).
Forms of verb pollute in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb pollute in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of pollute.
Three forms of verb pollute
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of pollute?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) pollute in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - pollute. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - polluted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - polluted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of pollute?
The past tense of pollute is: pollute in past simple is polluted. and past participle is polluted.
What is the past tense of pollute?
The past tense of pollute is polluted.
The past participle of pollute is polluted.
Past simple — pollute in past simple polluted.
Future simple — pollute in future simple pollute. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — pollute in present perfect tense polluted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — pollute in past perfect tense polluted. (had + V3)
pollute regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is pollute an irregular verb?? pollute is regular verb.
Examples of Verb pollute in Sentences
- They continued to pollute the air on the east coast of the island (Past Simple)
- The islands has been seriously polluted by an oil refining (Present Perfect)
- All factories in our city pollute the air and water. (Present Simple)
- Car exhaust fumes pollute the air. (Present Simple)
- The entire ocean coastline has been polluted by the oil spill. (Present Perfect)
- Factories are now prohibited from polluting the air with smoke. (Present Simple)
- What chemicals are polluting local waters? (Present Continuous)
- The rivers were polluted with oil. (Past Simple)
- The island is seriously polluted by a copper mine. (Present Simple)
- The target of the new laws is companies that pollute the environment. (Present Simple)