The English verb 'pray' is pronounced as [preɪ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb pray: Infinitive (pray), Past Simple - (prayed), Past Participle - (prayed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb pray
👉 Forms of verb pray in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of pray.
Pray: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb pray?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'pray'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'pray'
- the first form (V1) is 'pray' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'prayed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'prayed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of pray?
The past tense and past participle of pray are: pray in past simple is prayed, and past participle is prayed.
What is the past tense of pray?
The past tense of the verb "pray" is "prayed", and the past participle is "prayed".
Past simple — pray in past simple prayed
Future simple — pray in future simple is pray (will + V1).
Present Perfect — pray in present perfect tense is prayed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — pray in past perfect tense is prayed (had + V3).
pray regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'pray' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'pray' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb pray in Sentences
- She want you to pray in public (Past Simple)
- She waited and prayed all her life (Past Simple)
- We prayed to God for help during the plane crash. (Past Simple)
- Martha has bowed her head and has begun to pray. (Present Perfect)
- The monks were praying day and night for the bestowal of grace on them. (Past Continuous)
- They prayed to God to atone for their guilt. (Past Simple)
- We prayed that all troubles would bypass us. (Past Simple)
- He prayed that he could find a parking spot near the house. (Past Simple)
- We were praying for a bountiful harvest. (Past Continuous)
- He prayed that they would have the strength to move on. (Past Simple)