The English verb 'propose' is pronounced as [prəˈpəʊz].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb propose: Infinitive (propose), Past Simple - (proposed), Past Participle - (proposed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb propose
👉 Forms of verb propose in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of propose.
Propose: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb propose?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'propose'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'propose'
- the first form (V1) is 'propose' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'proposed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'proposed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of propose?
The past tense and past participle of propose are: propose in past simple is proposed, and past participle is proposed.
What is the past tense of propose?
The past tense of the verb "propose" is "proposed", and the past participle is "proposed".
Past simple — propose in past simple proposed
Future simple — propose in future simple is propose (will + V1).
Present Perfect — propose in present perfect tense is proposed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — propose in past perfect tense is proposed (had + V3).
propose regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'propose' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'propose' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb propose in Sentences
- They should have proposed new experiments. (Present Perfect)
- Committee proposed a large number of new amendments (Past Simple)
- He proposed to me, but I said no. (Past Simple)
- I think that scientists will soon propose with a new theory. (Future Simple)
- We proposed a new direction for the company's development. (Past Simple)
- She proposed with the most consistent hospital improvement plan. (Past Simple)
- The changes we are proposing are contained in the policy statement. (Present Continuous)
- As a sign of his good intentions, he proposed to meet a second time. (Past Simple)
- A major restructuring of the health care system was proposed. (Past Simple)
- We have proposed to reduce the fare by five rubles. (Present Perfect)