The English verb 'protect' is pronounced as [prəˈtekt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb protect: Infinitive (protect), Past Simple - (protected), Past Participle - (protected).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb protect
👉 Forms of verb protect in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of protect.
Protect: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb protect?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'protect'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'protect'
- the first form (V1) is 'protect' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'protected' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'protected' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of protect?
The past tense and past participle of protect are: protect in past simple is protected, and past participle is protected.
What is the past tense of protect?
The past tense of the verb "protect" is "protected", and the past participle is "protected".
Past simple — protect in past simple protected
Future simple — protect in future simple is protect (will + V1).
Present Perfect — protect in present perfect tense is protected (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — protect in past perfect tense is protected (had + V3).
protect regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'protect' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'protect' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb protect in Sentences
- We protected it with all the power (Past Simple)
- The doctor has been protected the secret programm (Present Perfect)
- The entrance is protected by coral reefs. (Present Simple)
- Did you know this forest is protected by national law? (Present Simple)
- The raised collar did not protect her neck from the cold. (Past Simple)
- This product will be protected by a patent. (Future Simple)
- If I'm not mistaken, ancient monuments are protected by law. (Present Simple)
- Peaceful demonstrations are protected from hooligan interference. (Present Simple)
- Her jewelry is protected by a safe. (Present Simple)
- The pipe inlets are protected by a series of special screens. (Present Simple)