The English verb 'provide' is pronounced as [prəˈvaɪd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb provide: Infinitive (provide), Past Simple - (provided), Past Participle - (provided).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb provide
👉 Forms of verb provide in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of provide.
Provide: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb provide?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'provide'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'provide'
- the first form (V1) is 'provide' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'provided' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'provided' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of provide?
The past tense and past participle of provide are: provide in past simple is provided, and past participle is provided.
What is the past tense of provide?
The past tense of the verb "provide" is "provided", and the past participle is "provided".
Past simple — provide in past simple provided
Future simple — provide in future simple is provide (will + V1).
Present Perfect — provide in present perfect tense is provided (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — provide in past perfect tense is provided (had + V3).
provide regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'provide' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'provide' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb provide in Sentences
- That provides flexibilities for the company (Present Simple)
- All their expenses are provided by the committee (Present Simple)
- He has provided a car with a large trunk. (Present Perfect)
- Tea and biscuits will be provided at the meeting. (Future Simple)
- On the tour, food and drinks will be provided. (Future Simple)
- This website provides information on local events. (Present Simple)
- My dad provided for our large family by working three jobs. (Past Simple)
- Money alone cannot provide happiness. (Present Simple)
- Protective gloves were provided to the workers. (Past Simple)
- They don't care who they provide. (Present Simple)