The English verb 'purchase' is pronounced as [ˈpɜːrtʃəs].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb purchase: Infinitive (purchase), Past Simple - (purchased), Past Participle - (purchased).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb purchase
👉 Forms of verb purchase in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of purchase.
Purchase: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb purchase?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'purchase'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'purchase'
- the first form (V1) is 'purchase' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'purchased' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'purchased' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of purchase?
The past tense and past participle of purchase are: purchase in past simple is purchased, and past participle is purchased.
What is the past tense of purchase?
The past tense of the verb "purchase" is "purchased", and the past participle is "purchased".
Past simple — purchase in past simple purchased
Future simple — purchase in future simple is purchase (will + V1).
Present Perfect — purchase in present perfect tense is purchased (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — purchase in past perfect tense is purchased (had + V3).
purchase regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'purchase' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'purchase' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb purchase in Sentences
- We purchased 2 islands in the sea (Past Simple)
- 30 computers have been purchased last year (Present Perfect)
- We have purchased a new car today. (Present Perfect)
- He purchased a new tie specifically for dinner. (Past Simple)
- The painting was purchased by an anonymous buyer. (Past Simple)
- Tickets can be purchased in advance at the online ticket office. (Present Simple)
- These small plots of land were purchased by local residents. (Past Simple)
- We didn’t have enough money, so we purchased the TV on credit. (Past Simple)
- He loved theater very much and had already purchased tickets for several performances. (Past Perfect)
- The building was purchased and occupied by its new owners last year. (Past Simple)