The English verb 'repeat' is pronounced as [rɪˈpiːt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb repeat: Infinitive (repeat), Past Simple - (repeated), Past Participle - (repeated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb repeat
👉 Forms of verb repeat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of repeat.
Repeat: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb repeat?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'repeat'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'repeat'
- the first form (V1) is 'repeat' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'repeated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'repeated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of repeat?
The past tense and past participle of repeat are: repeat in past simple is repeated, and past participle is repeated.
What is the past tense of repeat?
The past tense of the verb "repeat" is "repeated", and the past participle is "repeated".
Past simple — repeat in past simple repeated
Future simple — repeat in future simple is repeat (will + V1).
Present Perfect — repeat in present perfect tense is repeated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — repeat in past perfect tense is repeated (had + V3).
repeat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'repeat' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'repeat' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb repeat in Sentences
- These statements were repeated by the Committee (Past Simple)
- Our scenarios have been repeated for years (Present Perfect)
- Could you repeat the question? (Past Simple)
- Repeat the exercises twice a day to see results in a week. (Present Simple)
- I have repeated this question only once. (Present Perfect)
- The series will no longer be repeated this year. (Future Simple)
- Peter repeated patiently that he would have to work that day. (Past Simple)
- Now that you are listening carefully, I will repeat my question. (Future Simple)
- History tends to repeat itself. (Present Simple)
- You just said that, you repeat yourself again. (Present Simple)