The English verb 'revive' is pronounced as [rɪˈvaɪv].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb revive: Infinitive (revive), Past Simple - (revived), Past Participle - (revived).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb revive
👉 Forms of verb revive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of revive.
Revive: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb revive?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'revive'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'revive'
- the first form (V1) is 'revive' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'revived' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'revived' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of revive?
The past tense and past participle of revive are: revive in past simple is revived, and past participle is revived.
What is the past tense of revive?
The past tense of the verb "revive" is "revived", and the past participle is "revived".
Past simple — revive in past simple revived
Future simple — revive in future simple is revive (will + V1).
Present Perfect — revive in present perfect tense is revived (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — revive in past perfect tense is revived (had + V3).
revive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'revive' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'revive' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb revive in Sentences
- We must revive public discussion (Present Simple)
- The colony revived an ancient tradition (Past Simple)
- Russia had revived an old secret strategy (Past Perfect)
- The success of this film revived his seemingly hopeless career. (Past Simple)
- He has revived this genre of painting. (Present Perfect)
- Interest in extrasensory perception has revived again. (Present Perfect)
- The surrounding landscape revived all the impressions of my childhood. (Past Simple)
- Our spirits were revived by his excitement. (Past Simple)
- In the fresh air, he revived. (Past Simple)
- He revived when his wife gave him a sniff of ammonia. (Past Simple)