The English verb 'rid' is pronounced as [rɪd].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb rid: Infinitive (rid), Past Simple - (rid), Past Participle - (rid).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb rid
👉 Forms of verb rid in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of rid.
Rid: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb rid?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'rid'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'rid'
- the first form (V1) is 'rid' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'rid', 'ridded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'rid', 'ridded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of rid?
The past tense and past participle of rid are: rid in past simple is rid, ridded, and past participle is rid. ridded.
What is the past tense of rid?
The past tense of the verb "rid" is "rid", or "ridded", and the past participle is "rid" or "ridded".
Past simple — rid in past simple rid,
Future simple — rid in future simple is rid (will + V1).
Present Perfect — rid in present perfect tense is rid, ridded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — rid in past perfect tense is rid, ridded (had + V3).
rid regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'rid' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'rid' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb rid in Sentences
- I want to get rid of this old sofa (Present Simple)
- So, you got rid of her first (Past Simple)
- We finally got rid of your sports car (Past Simple)
- One day, I will get rid of all the evil in the world and I'll start with you (Future Simple)
- They wanted to get rid of Haisenberg (Past Simple)
- I will get rid of my bad habits, I promise, Joline (Future Simple)
- You will get rid of that girl and apologise to your fiancée! (Future Simple)
- I will get rid of the body, but you need to clean the floor (Future Simple)
- I want to get rid of everything that reminds me of her (Present Simple)
- She got rid of him easily. (Past Simple)