The English verb 'set aside' is pronounced as ['setə'saɪd].
Related to: irregular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb set aside: Infinitive (set aside), Past Simple - (set aside), Past Participle - (set aside).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb set aside
👉 Forms of verb set aside in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of set aside.
Set aside: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|set aside ['setə'saɪd]||
set aside ['setə'saɪd]
set aside ['setə'saɪd]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb set aside?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'set aside'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'set aside'
- the first form (V1) is 'set aside' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'set aside' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'set aside' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of set aside?
The past tense and past participle of set aside are: set aside in past simple is set aside, and past participle is set aside.
What is the past tense of set aside?
The past tense of the verb "set aside" is "set aside", and the past participle is "set aside".
Past simple — set aside in past simple set aside
Future simple — set aside in future simple is set aside (will + V1).
Present Perfect — set aside in present perfect tense is set aside (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — set aside in past perfect tense is set aside (had + V3).
set aside regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'set aside' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'set aside' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb set aside in Sentences
- Or we can set aside time to read or watch videos or take online courses. (Present Simple)
- Side arms and scanning equipment are to be set aside. (Present Simple)
- You must set aside your petty grievances with the dwarves. (Present Simple)
- So I'm just asking that you set aside some of these prejudices against prostitution. (Present Simple)
- I still have some money set aside from the cabin. (Present Simple)
- A large hunk of turf was lifted from the center of the field and set aside. (Past Simple)
- Approximately $300 million of public funds have been set aside for this purpose during the reporting period. (Present Perfect)
- Otherwise, Mexico's motion to set aside was dismissed. (Past Simple)
- Migrants are losing their jobs or struggling to set aside cash for their relatives back home. (Present Simple)
- Surely you can set aside your family-values agenda just this once. (Present Simple)