The English verb 'settle' is pronounced as [ˈsetl].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb settle: Infinitive (settle), Past Simple - (settled), Past Participle - (settled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb settle
👉 Forms of verb settle in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of settle.
Settle: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb settle?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'settle'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'settle'
- the first form (V1) is 'settle' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'settled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'settled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of settle?
The past tense and past participle of settle are: settle in past simple is settled, and past participle is settled.
What is the past tense of settle?
The past tense of the verb "settle" is "settled", and the past participle is "settled".
Past simple — settle in past simple settled
Future simple — settle in future simple is settle (will + V1).
Present Perfect — settle in present perfect tense is settled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — settle in past perfect tense is settled (had + V3).
settle regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'settle' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'settle' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb settle in Sentences
- We settled in Boston during 1995 (Past Simple)
- The Committee has settled more than 190 cases (Present Perfect)
- This case is settled by the court (Present Simple)
- We will settle our differences (Future Simple)
- Her active efforts settled the matter (Past Simple)
- These are your problems, so settle them anyway you like (Present Simple)
- They have finally settled the price (Present Perfect)
- She settled down after two unhappy marriages (Past Simple)
- The dust is settling slowly (Present Continuous)
- They decided to settle in California (Past Simple)