English verb sew [səʊ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb sew: Infinitive (sew), Past Simple - (sewed), Past Participle - (sewed).
Forms of verb sew in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb sew in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sew.
Three forms of verb sew
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of sew?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) sew in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - sew. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - sewed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - sewed, sewn. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of sew?
The past tense of sew is: sew in past simple is sewed. and past participle is sewed, sewn.
What is the past tense of sew?
The past tense of sew is sewed.
The past participle of sew is sewed or sewn.
Past simple — sew in past simple sewed.
Future simple — sew in future simple sew. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — sew in present perfect tense sewed, sewn. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — sew in past perfect tense sewed, sewn. (had + V3)
sew regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is sew an irregular verb?? sew is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb sew in Sentences
- He wants you to sew on a button (Present Simple)
- She sewed a patch onto the sack (Past Simple)
- We offered to sew the clothes (Past Simple)
- Could you sew a hole in my jacket? (Past Simple)
- The surgeon has sewn the open wound. (Present Perfect)
- Can you sew up my socks? (Present Simple)
- She didn't learn to sew at school. (Past Simple)
- Can she sew me a dress for next week? (Present Simple)
- In her spare time she designs and sews dresses. (Present Simple)
- I sewed a button to my shirt. (Past Simple)