The English verb 'sew' is pronounced as [səʊ].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb sew: Infinitive (sew), Past Simple - (sewed), Past Participle - (sewed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb sew
👉 Forms of verb sew in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sew.
Sew: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb sew?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'sew'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'sew'
- the first form (V1) is 'sew' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sewed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sewed', 'sewn' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of sew?
The past tense and past participle of sew are: sew in past simple is sewed, and past participle is sewed. sewn.
What is the past tense of sew?
The past tense of the verb "sew" is "sewed", and the past participle is "sewed" or "sewn".
Past simple — sew in past simple sewed
Future simple — sew in future simple is sew (will + V1).
Present Perfect — sew in present perfect tense is sewed, sewn (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — sew in past perfect tense is sewed, sewn (had + V3).
sew regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'sew' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'sew' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb sew in Sentences
- He wants you to sew on a button (Present Simple)
- She sewed a patch onto the sack (Past Simple)
- We offered to sew the clothes (Past Simple)
- Could you sew a hole in my jacket? (Past Simple)
- The surgeon has sewn the open wound. (Present Perfect)
- Can you sew up my socks? (Present Simple)
- She didn't learn to sew at school. (Past Simple)
- Can she sew me a dress for next week? (Present Simple)
- In her spare time she designs and sews dresses. (Present Simple)
- I sewed a button to my shirt. (Past Simple)