The English verb 'shiver' is pronounced as ['ʃɪvə].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb shiver: Infinitive (shiver), Past Simple - (shivered), Past Participle - (shivered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shiver
👉 Forms of verb shiver in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shiver.
Shiver: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shiver?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shiver'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shiver'
- the first form (V1) is 'shiver' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shivered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shivered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shiver?
The past tense and past participle of shiver are: shiver in past simple is shivered, and past participle is shivered.
What is the past tense of shiver?
The past tense of the verb "shiver" is "shivered", and the past participle is "shivered".
Past simple — shiver in past simple shivered
Future simple — shiver in future simple is shiver (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shiver in present perfect tense is shivered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shiver in past perfect tense is shivered (had + V3).
shiver regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shiver' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shiver' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb shiver in Sentences
- He stared half-crazy into the darkness, didn't move, didn't respond to questions, only his fingers shivered. (Past Simple)
- - Are you not feeling well? - My voice was shivering, and the phrasing was unfortunate. (Present Simple)
- Finally my heart calmed down, my hands and feet stopped shivering, and for the first time since my awakening, my mind began to work normally. (Present Simple)
- I take the money out of my wallet and put it on the table, hoping no one will notice how much my hands are shivering. (Present Simple)
- His shoulders shivered, he was shaking all over, the tears were coming out hard, not the bright children's tears, but the bitter men's tears, the tears of burning loss. (Past Simple)
- I kept shivering and shivering like a frightened child. (Past Simple)
- The wind blew in and shivered the big mirror in the hallway. (Past Simple)
- the Christmas tree fell on the TV, which shivered the glass table. (Past Simple)
- He was still shivering convulsively, but there was no point in bandaging his gunshot-penetrated chest. (Past Simple)
- The corners of his thin lips shiver and his eyebrows close - he clearly cannot stand rudeness. (Present Simple)