The English verb 'sight' is pronounced as [sʌɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb sight: Infinitive (sight), Past Simple - (sighted), Past Participle - (sighted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb sight
👉 Forms of verb sight in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sight.
Sight: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb sight?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'sight'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'sight'
- the first form (V1) is 'sight' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sighted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sighted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of sight?
The past tense and past participle of sight are: sight in past simple is sighted, and past participle is sighted.
What is the past tense of sight?
The past tense of the verb "sight" is "sighted", and the past participle is "sighted".
Past simple — sight in past simple sighted
Future simple — sight in future simple is sight (will + V1).
Present Perfect — sight in present perfect tense is sighted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — sight in past perfect tense is sighted (had + V3).
sight regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'sight' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'sight' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb sight in Sentences
- Suspect sighted on six corridor, moving five. (Past Simple)
- After 20 days at sea, we sighted land (Past Simple)
- Several whales were sighted (Past Simple)
- Several bears have been sighted in the area (Present Perfect)
- I sight him every time I'm here (Present Simple)
- We sighted the eclipse yesterday (Past Simple)
- We sighted the beast, but we were late (Past Simple)
- He sighted her yesterday at the club (Past Simple)
- The object will be sighted tomorrow (Future Simple)
- We sighted them in a few minutes (Past Simple)