English verb sink [sɪŋk].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb sink: Infinitive (sink), Past Simple - (sank), Past Participle - (sunk).
Forms of verb sink in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb sink in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sink.
Three forms of verb sink
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of sink?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) sink in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - sink. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - sank. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - sunk. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of sink?
The past tense of sink is: sink in past simple is sank. and past participle is sunk.
What is the past tense of sink?
The past tense of sink is sank.
The past participle of sink is sunk.
Past simple — sink in past simple sank.
Future simple — sink in future simple sink. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — sink in present perfect tense sunk. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — sink in past perfect tense sunk. (had + V3)
sink regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is sink an irregular verb?? sink is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb sink in Sentences
- Please do not let Maria sink (Present Simple)
- Our ships have sailed... And sank (Past Simple)
- He'd have sunk all ships in the bay (Past Perfect)
- He sank wearily into a chair. (Past Simple)
- Edward blew out the candle and ank into a deep sleep after his experience. (Past Simple)
- His head sank to his chest and he snored softly. (Past Simple)
- The torpedo has sunk the ship with ease. (Present Perfect)
- Is the cream already sunk into the skin? (Present Simple)
- My leg sank into the swamp. (Past Simple)
- A stray dog sank its teeth into his ankle. (Past Simple)