English verb slay [sleɪ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb slay: Infinitive (slay), Past Simple - (slew), Past Participle - (slain).
Forms of verb slay in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb slay in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of slay.
Three forms of verb slay
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of slay?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) slay in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - slay. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - slew. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - slain. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of slay?
The past tense of slay is: slay in past simple is slew. and past participle is slain.
What is the past tense of slay?
The past tense of slay is slew.
The past participle of slay is slain.
Past simple — slay in past simple slew.
Future simple — slay in future simple slay. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — slay in present perfect tense slain. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — slay in past perfect tense slain. (had + V3)
slay regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is slay an irregular verb?? slay is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb slay in Sentences
- He did not just slay people, but constantly invented some elaborate ways of killing, becoming furious at the sight of blood. (Past Simple)
- - Wait," she whispered. - He wouldn't slay his father in front of his mercenary. (Past Simple)
- - No, no," the young man whispered fervently, "I've never had to slay a man. (Past Simple)
- Using his boxing skills, he began slaying the man. (Past Simple)
- To intimidate the defenders of the capital, the Mongol-Tatars brought out thousands of naked prisoners in front of the walls and began to severely slay them with lashes. (Past Simple)
- And that evening silence, with a man being slain next door in the house, was scary and depressing. (Present Simple)
- I confess I watched in horror as the brothers slew each other up in front of the whole country. (Past Simple)
- Suddenly it became completely incomprehensible how people with the same feelings, desires and needs could slay each other. (Past Simple)
- Simply put, the mechanical undead began to slay people whenever and wherever, even if people did not provoke them to do so. (Past Simple)
- I told them that I would mercilessly slay the obstacles to innovation so that we would all get back to doing what we came into the company to do: change the world around us. (Past Simple)