English verb smile [smaɪl].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb smile: Infinitive (smile), Past Simple - (smiled), Past Participle - (smiled).
Forms of verb smile in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb smile in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of smile.
Three forms of verb smile
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of smile?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) smile in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - smile. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - smiled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - smiled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of smile?
The past tense of smile is: smile in past simple is smiled. and past participle is smiled.
What is the past tense of smile?
The past tense of smile is smiled.
The past participle of smile is smiled.
Past simple — smile in past simple smiled.
Future simple — smile in future simple smile. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — smile in present perfect tense smiled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — smile in past perfect tense smiled. (had + V3)
smile regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is smile an irregular verb?? smile is regular verb.
Examples of Verb smile in Sentences
- Don't forget to smile to him (Present Simple)
- She smiled a lot, but not last week (Past Simple)
- God has smiled on us, I'm sure (Present Perfect)
- Look at him, he is smiling, for the first time! (Present Continuous)
- No, I'm not smiling, I'm very serious (Present Continuous)
- He was smiling at me and I wanted to believe him (Past Continuous)
- Mom was smiling, but her eyes were very sad (Past Continuous)
- Fortune has smiled on him, but it was temporary (Present Perfect)
- We've smiled at each other, but it's impossible to forgive anyway (Present Perfect)
- I will smile if you kiss me (Future Simple)