The English verb 'solve' is pronounced as [sɒlv].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb solve: Infinitive (solve), Past Simple - (solved), Past Participle - (solved).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb solve
👉 Forms of verb solve in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of solve.
Solve: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb solve?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'solve'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'solve'
- the first form (V1) is 'solve' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'solved' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'solved' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of solve?
The past tense and past participle of solve are: solve in past simple is solved, and past participle is solved.
What is the past tense of solve?
The past tense of the verb "solve" is "solved", and the past participle is "solved".
Past simple — solve in past simple solved
Future simple — solve in future simple is solve (will + V1).
Present Perfect — solve in present perfect tense is solved (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — solve in past perfect tense is solved (had + V3).
solve regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'solve' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'solve' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb solve in Sentences
- Paul couldn't solve the main problem (Past Simple)
- None of them will be solved in 3 hours (Future Simple)
- The secret of the 5 brothers has been solved (Present Perfect)
- The secret was finally solved. (Past Simple)
- He thought he had solved this puzzle, but it was still ahead. (Past Perfect)
- The police solved the case of the missing child. (Past Simple)
- Calm down dear, our problems will be solved soon. (Future Simple)
- Does this mean that all our problems have been solved? (Present Perfect)
- Last year, about 30 percent of the murders were not solved. (Past Simple)
- This problem cannot be solved with a simple injection of money. (Present Simple)