The English verb 'spell' is pronounced as [spel].
Related to: irregular verbs, regular verbs.
3 forms of verb spell: Infinitive (spell), Past Simple - (spelt), Past Participle - (spelt).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb spell
👉 Forms of verb spell in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of spell.
Spell: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb spell?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'spell'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'spell'
- the first form (V1) is 'spell' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'spelt', 'spelled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'spelt', 'spelled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of spell?
The past tense and past participle of spell are: spell in past simple is spelt, spelled, and past participle is spelt. spelled.
What is the past tense of spell?
The past tense of the verb "spell" is "spelt", or "spelled", and the past participle is "spelt" or "spelled".
Past simple — spell in past simple spelt,
Future simple — spell in future simple is spell (will + V1).
Present Perfect — spell in present perfect tense is spelt, spelled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — spell in past perfect tense is spelt, spelled (had + V3).
spell regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'spell' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'spell' is regular or irregular verb.
Examples of Verb spell in Sentences
- Sorry, Dr. Young spelled it wrongly (Past Simple)
- She spelled a wrong word in this page (Past Simple)
- Repeat, please, how do you spell your surname? (Present Simple)
- To spell it right, follow rules in the book (Present Simple)
- I've just realized that I never spelled your name right (Past Simple)
- You are spelling it perfectly, you will definitely pass the exam (Present Continuous)
- I was spelling the last word when our teacher decided to change the task (Past Continuous)
- We were spelling it right, but it wasn't enough (Past Continuous)
- They've spelt "dictionary" correctly, what's next? (Present Perfect)
- Will you spell it for me? (Future Simple)