English verb spell [spel].
Relate to: irregular verbs, regular verbs.
3 forms of verb spell: Infinitive (spell), Past Simple - (spelt), Past Participle - (spelt).
Forms of verb spell in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb spell in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of spell.
Three forms of verb spell
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of spell?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) spell in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - spell. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - spelt, spelled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - spelt, spelled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of spell?
The past tense of spell is: spell in past simple is spelt, spelled. and past participle is spelt, spelled.
What is the past tense of spell?
The past tense of spell is spelt or
The past participle of spell is spelt or spelled.
Past simple — spell in past simple spelt,
Future simple — spell in future simple spell. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — spell in present perfect tense spelt, spelled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — spell in past perfect tense spelt, spelled. (had + V3)
spell regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is spell an irregular verb?? spell is regular or irregular verb.
Examples of Verb spell in Sentences
- Sorry, Dr. Young spelled it wrongly (Past Simple)
- She spelled a wrong word in this page (Past Simple)
- Repeat, please, how do you spell your surname? (Present Simple)
- To spell it right, follow rules in the book (Present Simple)
- I've just realized that I never spelled your name right (Past Simple)
- You are spelling it perfectly, you will definitely pass the exam (Present Continuous)
- I was spelling the last word when our teacher decided to change the task (Past Continuous)
- We were spelling it right, but it wasn't enough (Past Continuous)
- They've spelt "dictionary" correctly, what's next? (Present Perfect)
- Will you spell it for me? (Future Simple)