The English verb 'spin' is pronounced as [spɪn].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb spin: Infinitive (spin), Past Simple - (spun), Past Participle - (spun).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb spin
👉 Forms of verb spin in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of spin.
Spin: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb spin?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'spin'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'spin'
- the first form (V1) is 'spin' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'spun' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'spun' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of spin?
The past tense and past participle of spin are: spin in past simple is spun, and past participle is spun.
What is the past tense of spin?
The past tense of the verb "spin" is "spun", and the past participle is "spun".
Past simple — spin in past simple spun
Future simple — spin in future simple is spin (will + V1).
Present Perfect — spin in present perfect tense is spun (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — spin in past perfect tense is spun (had + V3).
spin regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'spin' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'spin' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb spin in Sentences
- They spun him around four times (Past Simple)
- Two committees has spun out of control (Present Perfect)
- Ok, it's your turn to spin the bottle (Present Simple)
- This work will make your head spin (Future Simple)
- Be careful, your car can spin on the ice (Present Simple)
- He moves so fast and it makes my eyes spin (Present Simple)
- I spun around and saw a man pointing at me (Past Simple)
- Help, I don't know how to spin (Present Simple)
- At last the wheels have spun full circle (Present Perfect)
- Wait, I will spin the carousel round as fast as I can (Future Simple)