The English verb 'stagger' is pronounced as ['stægə].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb stagger: Infinitive (stagger), Past Simple - (staggered), Past Participle - (staggered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb stagger
👉 Forms of verb stagger in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of stagger.
Stagger: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb stagger?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'stagger'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'stagger'
- the first form (V1) is 'stagger' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'staggered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'staggered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of stagger?
The past tense and past participle of stagger are: stagger in past simple is staggered, and past participle is staggered.
What is the past tense of stagger?
The past tense of the verb "stagger" is "staggered", and the past participle is "staggered".
Past simple — stagger in past simple staggered
Future simple — stagger in future simple is stagger (will + V1).
Present Perfect — stagger in present perfect tense is staggered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — stagger in past perfect tense is staggered (had + V3).
stagger regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'stagger' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'stagger' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb stagger in Sentences
- Soon he'll be so weak and disorientated he'll stagger off in the night like a tramp who's stood up too quickly. (Future Simple)
- Gavroche was seen to stagger, then he sank to the earth. (Past Simple)
- What causes you to stagger then? (Present Simple)
- My throat is parched; everything dances red and black before my eyes, I stagger on doggedly and pitilessly and at last reach the dressing station. (Present Simple)
- The two riders who killed the buffalo staggered around for a few seconds in indecision. (Past Simple)
- My master predicts that impending events will stagger the monarch and kingdom. (Future Simple)
- She was still staggering. (Past Continuous)
- Time enough for him to stagger back into the main room and cry out. (Present Simple)
- He imagined standing staggering at the garden door, afraid to go in. (Past Simple)
- Scatter their tribe, cause their feet to stagger! (Present Simple)