English verb stand [stænd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb stand: Infinitive (stand), Past Simple - (stood), Past Participle - (stood).
Forms of verb stand in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb stand in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of stand.
Three forms of verb stand
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of stand?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) stand in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - stand. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - stood. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - stood. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of stand?
The past tense of stand is: stand in past simple is stood. and past participle is stood.
What is the past tense of stand?
The past tense of stand is stood.
The past participle of stand is stood.
Past simple — stand in past simple stood.
Future simple — stand in future simple stand. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — stand in present perfect tense stood. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — stand in past perfect tense stood. (had + V3)
stand regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is stand an irregular verb?? stand is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb stand in Sentences
- Who's going to stand for $15? (Future Simple)
- The creature stood 11 feet tall (Past Simple)
- Miley stood like a dummy (Past Simple)
- He just stood there and watched like a madman (Past Simple)
- I will stand by you no matter what (Future Simple)
- I don't know where you stand in regards to this issue (Present Simple)
- She stood behind him with a knife in her hand (Past Simple)
- Can you stand there, please? (Present Simple)
- Honestly, I can't stand the music you're listening to (Present Simple)
- You won't help us by standing there and criticizing our actions (Present Continuous)