The English verb 'subside' is pronounced as [səb'saɪd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb subside: Infinitive (subside), Past Simple - (subsided), Past Participle - (subsided).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb subside
👉 Forms of verb subside in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of subside.
Subside: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb subside?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'subside'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'subside'
- the first form (V1) is 'subside' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'subsided' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'subsided' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of subside?
The past tense and past participle of subside are: subside in past simple is subsided, and past participle is subsided.
What is the past tense of subside?
The past tense of the verb "subside" is "subsided", and the past participle is "subsided".
Past simple — subside in past simple subsided
Future simple — subside in future simple is subside (will + V1).
Present Perfect — subside in present perfect tense is subsided (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — subside in past perfect tense is subsided (had + V3).
subside regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'subside' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'subside' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb subside in Sentences
- The cheerful, combative mood is slowly subsiding. (Present Simple)
- And the storm subsided, and the blind received their sight. (Past Simple)
- Her influence began to subside as early as the following year (Past Simple)
- The health resource begins to subside continuously and tends to zero. (Present Simple)
- The dust subsides on the utensils that no one needs (Present Simple)
- the ground subsides to the bottom (Present Simple)
- He didn't look at us, but then he suddenly subsided. (Past Simple)
- At that moment the door of the room swung open again, and the girls subsided at once. (Past Simple)
- The boys finally subsided as they went about their business. (Past Simple)
- There were a lot of people on the road, and the boys had to subside. (Past Simple)