The English verb 'sue' is pronounced as [suː].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb sue: Infinitive (sue), Past Simple - (sued), Past Participle - (sued).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb sue
👉 Forms of verb sue in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of sue.
Sue: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb sue?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'sue'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'sue'
- the first form (V1) is 'sue' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sued' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sued' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of sue?
The past tense and past participle of sue are: sue in past simple is sued, and past participle is sued.
What is the past tense of sue?
The past tense of the verb "sue" is "sued", and the past participle is "sued".
Past simple — sue in past simple sued
Future simple — sue in future simple is sue (will + V1).
Present Perfect — sue in present perfect tense is sued (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — sue in past perfect tense is sued (had + V3).
sue regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'sue' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'sue' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb sue in Sentences
- She sued the seller last week (Past Simple)
- He is being sued for arson. (Present Continuous)
- She sued the newspaper for defamation of her mother. (Past Simple)
- She sued him, claiming a large sum of money. (Past Simple)
- Why was he sued for breach of contract? (Past Simple)
- They have sued them to regain their property rights. (Present Perfect)
- We were sued for patent infringement. (Past Simple)
- He has sued the company for racial discrimination. (Present Perfect)
- He sued the police after his car was confiscated. (Past Simple)
- She sued her former boss and won large compensation there. (Past Simple)