The English verb 'suit' is pronounced as [suːt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb suit: Infinitive (suit), Past Simple - (suited), Past Participle - (suited).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb suit
👉 Forms of verb suit in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of suit.
Suit: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb suit?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'suit'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'suit'
- the first form (V1) is 'suit' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'suited' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'suited' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of suit?
The past tense and past participle of suit are: suit in past simple is suited, and past participle is suited.
What is the past tense of suit?
The past tense of the verb "suit" is "suited", and the past participle is "suited".
Past simple — suit in past simple suited
Future simple — suit in future simple is suit (will + V1).
Present Perfect — suit in present perfect tense is suited (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — suit in past perfect tense is suited (had + V3).
suit regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'suit' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'suit' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb suit in Sentences
- The house was really suited to the family (Past Simple)
- I put on the belt, because it suited me (Past Simple)
- He is suited for the job (Present Simple)
- I'm ideally suited to be a leader (Present Simple)
- The furniture suited the style of her house. (Past Simple)
- His experience and education make him perfectly suited for this position (Present Simple)
- She's best suited to life in the village (Present Simple)
- Is he psychologically suited to be a marine? (Present Simple)
- Jay and Mia are suited to each other (Present Simple)
- He chose the music best suited to the occasion (Past Simple)