The English verb 'surround' is pronounced as [səˈraʊnd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb surround: Infinitive (surround), Past Simple - (surrounded), Past Participle - (surrounded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb surround
👉 Forms of verb surround in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of surround.
Surround: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb surround?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'surround'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'surround'
- the first form (V1) is 'surround' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'surrounded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'surrounded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of surround?
The past tense and past participle of surround are: surround in past simple is surrounded, and past participle is surrounded.
What is the past tense of surround?
The past tense of the verb "surround" is "surrounded", and the past participle is "surrounded".
Past simple — surround in past simple surrounded
Future simple — surround in future simple is surround (will + V1).
Present Perfect — surround in present perfect tense is surrounded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — surround in past perfect tense is surrounded (had + V3).
surround regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'surround' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'surround' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb surround in Sentences
- The forest surrounds our 2 houses. (Present Simple)
- The football field was surrounded by trees and shrubs. (Past Simple)
- His army has surrounded our villages (Present Perfect)
- The courthouse was surrounded by the police as a dangerous criminal was being tried. (Past Simple)
- He was not that sports star surrounded by ingratiating fans. (Past Simple)
- The police has surrounded the suspect. (Present Perfect)
- There they will be immediately surrounded by a crowd. (Future Simple)
- The estate is surrounded by a deep forest. (Present Simple)
- Now I am surrounded by dubious people in my life. (Present Simple)
- They entered the restaurant surrounded by bodyguards. (Past Simple)