English verb swell [swel].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb swell: Infinitive (swell), Past Simple - (swelled), Past Participle - (swollen).
Forms of verb swell in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb swell in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of swell.
Three forms of verb swell
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of swell?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) swell in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - swell. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - swelled. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - swollen, swelled. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of swell?
The past tense of swell is: swell in past simple is swelled. and past participle is swollen, swelled.
What is the past tense of swell?
The past tense of swell is swelled.
The past participle of swell is swollen or swelled.
Past simple — swell in past simple swelled.
Future simple — swell in future simple swell. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — swell in present perfect tense swollen, swelled. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — swell in past perfect tense swollen, swelled. (had + V3)
swell regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is swell an irregular verb?? swell is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb swell in Sentences
- Her brain swelled and she was dead (Past Simple)
- It has been too swollen to rise from the water (Past Simple)
- I want the music to swell in this segment (Present Simple)
- Your feet starting to swell from your new job, son? (Present Simple)
- He came last night with a swollen ear (Past Simple)
- Her head swelled to twice the size of a normal head (Past Simple)
- I am swollen from hunger (Present Simple)
- My feet swelled so much, I went up a shoe size for a month (Past Simple)
- Those swollen biceps and neck tattoos, he will break you in two (Future Simple)
- Her hands were red and swollen from work (Past Simple)