The English verb 'talk to' is pronounced as [tɔːk tuː].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb talk to: Infinitive (talk to), Past Simple - (talked to), Past Participle - (talked to).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb talk to
👉 Forms of verb talk to in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of talk to.
Talk to: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|talk to [tɔːk tuː]||
talked to [tɔːkt tuː]
talked to [tɔːkt tuː]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb talk to?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'talk to'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'talk to'
- the first form (V1) is 'talk to' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'talked to' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'talked to' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of talk to?
The past tense and past participle of talk to are: talk to in past simple is talked to, and past participle is talked to.
What is the past tense of talk to?
The past tense of the verb "talk to" is "talked to", and the past participle is "talked to".
Past simple — talk to in past simple talked to
Future simple — talk to in future simple is talk to (will + V1).
Present Perfect — talk to in present perfect tense is talked to (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — talk to in past perfect tense is talked to (had + V3).
talk to regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'talk to' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'talk to' is .
Examples of Verb talk to in Sentences
- I needed to talk to Mary (Past Simple)
- I just wanted to talk to you (Past Simple)
- You must talk to Charlotte (Present Simple)
- No, I should not be talking to you about this (Present Continuous)
- Don't talk to me like that (Present Simple)
- Are you trying to tell me how to talk to my own daughter? (Present Continuous)
- I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk (Present Simple)
- I haven't finished talking to you (Present Perfect)