English verb tear down [teə daʊn].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb tear down: Infinitive (tear down), Past Simple - (tore down), Past Participle - (torn down).
Forms of verb tear down in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb tear down in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of tear down.
Three forms of verb tear down
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|tear down [teə daʊn]||
tore down [tɔː daʊn]
torn down [tɔːn daʊn]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of tear down?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) tear down in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - tear down. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - tore down. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - torn down. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of tear down?
The past tense of tear down is: tear down in past simple is tore down. and past participle is torn down.
What is the past tense of tear down?
The past tense of tear down is tore down.
The past participle of tear down is torn down.
Past simple — tear down in past simple tore down.
Future simple — tear down in future simple tear down. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — tear down in present perfect tense torn down. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — tear down in past perfect tense torn down. (had + V3)
tear down regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is tear down an irregular verb?? tear down is .
Examples of Verb tear down in Sentences
- He wants to tear down the church and make a parking lot of it (Present Simple)
- A guy wants to tear down 19th century buildings to build beer bars (Present Simple)
- Mom wants you to tear down your clubhouse (Present Simple)
- Men trying to tear down what we are building here (Present Continuous)
- Starting today, I'd like to tear down the shrine out back and the tenement house (Present Simple)
- Then you're determined to start tearing down today? (Present Continuous)
- The house had been torn down years ago (Past Perfect)
- Somebody tore down their posters (Past Simple)