The English verb 'telephone' is pronounced as [ˈtɛlɪfəʊn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb telephone: Infinitive (telephone), Past Simple - (telephoned), Past Participle - (telephoned).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb telephone
👉 Forms of verb telephone in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of telephone.
Telephone: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb telephone?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'telephone'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'telephone'
- the first form (V1) is 'telephone' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'telephoned' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'telephoned' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of telephone?
The past tense and past participle of telephone are: telephone in past simple is telephoned, and past participle is telephoned.
What is the past tense of telephone?
The past tense of the verb "telephone" is "telephoned", and the past participle is "telephoned".
Past simple — telephone in past simple telephoned
Future simple — telephone in future simple is telephone (will + V1).
Present Perfect — telephone in present perfect tense is telephoned (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — telephone in past perfect tense is telephoned (had + V3).
telephone regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'telephone' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'telephone' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb telephone in Sentences
- Mr. Demarest telephoned him (Past Simple)
- An artist telephoned us after it was delivered (Past Simple)
- He decided to telephone the news. (Past Simple)
- I telephoned them when and where to come. (Past Simple)
- My mom has telephoned us to come home. (Present Perfect)
- They telephoned the sad message to us. (Past Simple)
- He has telephoned and warned that he would be back late. (Present Perfect)
- He telephoned me with a proposition. (Past Simple)
- Вы мне позвоните? (Future Simple)
- I am telephoning her right now. (Present Continuous)