English verb thrive [θraɪv].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb thrive: Infinitive (thrive), Past Simple - (throve), Past Participle - (thriven).
Forms of verb thrive in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb thrive in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of thrive.
Three forms of verb thrive
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of thrive?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) thrive in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - thrive. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - throve, trived. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - thriven, trived. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of thrive?
The past tense of thrive is: thrive in past simple is throve, trived. and past participle is thriven, trived.
What is the past tense of thrive?
The past tense of thrive is throve or
The past participle of thrive is thriven or trived.
Past simple — thrive in past simple throve,
Future simple — thrive in future simple thrive. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — thrive in present perfect tense thriven, trived. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — thrive in past perfect tense thriven, trived. (had + V3)
thrive regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is thrive an irregular verb?? thrive is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb thrive in Sentences
- Our society will thrive for many decades to come. (Future Simple)
- Singapore thrived not only through reform plan (Past Simple)
- He thrives on the miseries of others (Present Simple)
- Bad characters often thrive (Present Simple)
- Rome only thrives because men like me obey orders. (Present Simple)
- It's our time to thrive. (Present Simple)
- Art will thrive without you. (Future Simple)
- I'll see that you thrive. (Future Simple)
- August rian was sufficient and favourable to standing crops which throve well (Past Continuous)
- They throve in my kingdom, ungrateful (Past Simple)