English verb throw [θroʊ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb throw: Infinitive (throw), Past Simple - (threw), Past Participle - (thrown).
Forms of verb throw in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb throw in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of throw.
Three forms of verb throw
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of throw?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) throw in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - throw. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - threw. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - thrown. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of throw?
The past tense of throw is: throw in past simple is threw. and past participle is thrown.
What is the past tense of throw?
The past tense of throw is threw.
The past participle of throw is thrown.
Past simple — throw in past simple threw.
Future simple — throw in future simple throw. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — throw in present perfect tense thrown. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — throw in past perfect tense thrown. (had + V3)
throw regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is throw an irregular verb?? throw is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb throw in Sentences
- Just let him throw it away (Present Simple)
- Knowing him, Paul doubtless threw them away (Past Simple)
- It is estimated that about 55 million people will be thrown into abject poverty (Future Simple)
- He is throwing life away, we should help him (Present Continuous)
- Her husband was throwing her clothes through the window and that was disgusting (Past Continuous)
- They've thrown garbage away and the room changed (Present Perfect)
- Let me throw that filthy money, aren't you afraid? (Present Simple)
- You will throw those guys out or I will do that (Future Simple)
- Suddenly he threw up and blacked out (Past Simple)
- We've thrown the ball away and that was the end game (Present Perfect)