The English verb 'tighten' is pronounced as ['taɪtn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb tighten: Infinitive (tighten), Past Simple - (tightened), Past Participle - (tightened).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb tighten
👉 Forms of verb tighten in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of tighten.
Tighten: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb tighten?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'tighten'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'tighten'
- the first form (V1) is 'tighten' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'tightened' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'tightened' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of tighten?
The past tense and past participle of tighten are: tighten in past simple is tightened, and past participle is tightened.
What is the past tense of tighten?
The past tense of the verb "tighten" is "tightened", and the past participle is "tightened".
Past simple — tighten in past simple tightened
Future simple — tighten in future simple is tighten (will + V1).
Present Perfect — tighten in present perfect tense is tightened (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — tighten in past perfect tense is tightened (had + V3).
tighten regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'tighten' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'tighten' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb tighten in Sentences
- This stick is not an easy one, the dog would take it in the middle and tighten his grip with his teeth (Past Simple)
- His hand tightened on the hilt of the whip (Past Simple)
- Those who rode ahead began to sharply tighten the reins and grabbed their swords and bows. (Past Simple)
- The dog tightened its leash and wagged its fluffy tail nervously. (Past Simple)
- If necessary, the stone, bricks or slabs are tightened together. (Present Simple)
- The task of the muscles is to tighten the bones together and limit the range of motion allowed to the joint. (Present Simple)
- Mom tightened her apron and poured him a cup of tea. (Past Simple)
- They tightened his arm and laid him down on his overcoat; the blood stopped. (Past Simple)
- I tighten the book, turn around and run, the twins following me. (Present Simple)
- It can be detected by tighting lightly on any available artery with your fingers. (Present Simple)