The English verb 'turn to' is pronounced as [ˈtɝn ˈtuː].
Related to: regular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb turn to: Infinitive (turn to), Past Simple - (turned to), Past Participle - (turned to).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb turn to
👉 Forms of verb turn to in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of turn to.
Turn to: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|turn to [ˈtɝn ˈtuː]||
turned to [ˈtɝnd ˈtuː]
turned to [ˈtɝnd ˈtuː]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb turn to?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'turn to'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'turn to'
- the first form (V1) is 'turn to' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'turned to' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'turned to' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of turn to?
The past tense and past participle of turn to are: turn to in past simple is turned to, and past participle is turned to.
What is the past tense of turn to?
The past tense of the verb "turn to" is "turned to", and the past participle is "turned to".
Past simple — turn to in past simple turned to
Future simple — turn to in future simple is turn to (will + V1).
Present Perfect — turn to in present perfect tense is turned to (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — turn to in past perfect tense is turned to (had + V3).
turn to regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'turn to' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'turn to' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb turn to in Sentences
- She should turn to her parents for advice
- Whatever happens, you can always turn to me for help (Present Simple)
- When I don't know something, I turn to Google (Present Simple)
- Let’s turn to the next slide (Present Simple)
- Please turn to page twenty so we can begin our new topic (Present Simple)
- Now, let me turn to the agenda item dealing with up-to-date statistics (Present Simple)
- Today, many of the world's leading companies are turning to solar power (Present Continuous)
- He turned to drink after his wife left him (Past Simple)
- In the conditions that kids lived in it was inescapable they would turn to crime (Past Simple)
- Only weak men turn to violence against women (Present Simple)