The English verb 'undertake' is pronounced as [ʌndəˈteɪk].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb undertake: Infinitive (undertake), Past Simple - (undertook), Past Participle - (undertaken).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb undertake
👉 Forms of verb undertake in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of undertake.
Undertake: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb undertake?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'undertake'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'undertake'
- the first form (V1) is 'undertake' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'undertook' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'undertaken' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of undertake?
The past tense and past participle of undertake are: undertake in past simple is undertook, and past participle is undertaken.
What is the past tense of undertake?
The past tense of the verb "undertake" is "undertook", and the past participle is "undertaken".
Past simple — undertake in past simple undertook
Future simple — undertake in future simple is undertake (will + V1).
Present Perfect — undertake in present perfect tense is undertaken (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — undertake in past perfect tense is undertaken (had + V3).
undertake regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'undertake' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'undertake' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb undertake in Sentences
- He undertook the responsibilities (Past Simple)
- He undertook to arrive by Sunday (Past Simple)
- They undertake to look after him (Present Simple)
- She has undertaken too much (Present Perfect)
- I will undertake the task tomorrow (Future Simple)
- The researchers undertook a series of tests. (Past Simple)
- She undertook to complete the work in six months. (Past Simple)
- I undertake for your's security (Present Simple)
- My father undertook a responsible position (Past Simple)
- Lawyers who undertook the case, do not want to continue their job (Past Simple)